February 13, 2005

To my Valentine

Though I lack a Valentine, and have never had one, every year I like to write a letter to my future spouse. I pray for him, and ask the Lord to bless him and fill him up with His holy presence.
To all of us who long to find true love, and who are patient enough to wait for their priced beloved, here's a poem by Elizabeth Barrett Browning.

How Do I Love Thee?

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.

I love thee to the level of every day's
Most quiet need, by sun and candlelight.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Paradise.

I love thee with a passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints,-- I love thee with the breath,

Smiles, tears, of all my life!-- and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.


I pray that I will learn to love my future warrior-poet this way, so that I may be a Proverbs 31 wife for him to truly deserve him and to serve him for the rest of my life...

Faithfully waiting for my warrior-poet,
ASD

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Sarahi...that was so beautiful. you and i are on the same page with no valentines, but it's never too late to pray for the one and only.

Josean Medina said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Josean Medina said...

Well its good to know !! I am not the only one either without a Valentine... But you know sometimes I see couples around school and stuff and they don't seem so happy!! So Sarahi its a gift from God to be single!! and yes I do the same thing I pray for that future wife God has for me.. Well God Bless.. See ya around!

Anonymous said...

beautiful is the mind when thinking of love
hungry is the heart searching for it
distant the soul when seeking abandon
fluttering the heart, when all is known

God the lover of our soul will give to you the most amazing person you'd never dream of...it's all in his hands. until then, stay as pure as you are

Josean Medina said...

Amen!!!, I agree with that!