February 06, 2005

All for the Honor of Your Name

Lately, there has been some things in my heart which I'm afraid are blocking the road that leads me closer to my Heavenly Father. There are seasons in life where one must pause and analyze the condition of our hearts to deeply see that which, is hindering our walk with God and that is keeping us away from the promises of God for our lives.

Knowing before hand, that once I start to analyze those things in my life that are so temporal, so very worthless; I might come to realize that I have nothing at all that is worth living for on this earth. I have nothing to hold on to. But I praise the Lord for that! That He in His mighty power and overflowing wisdom has dismantled my life of the things of the earth, so that I may utter the same words Abraham did as he dwelt among the Hittites, "I am an alien and stranger among you." (Gen. 23:4) Abraham, having lost his wife- mother of Isaac ( the seed of Abraham), and as such the representation of God's promises to Abraham- felt empty as he stood up before God, and Sarah's inert body acknowledging that he, just as his wife Sarah, was passing by...

This makes me think about my spiritual condition. Am I aware that I am just passing by? As I mentioned it earlier, I have nothing to hold on to. God has taken some Sarah's away from my life so that I may say that I am an alien, a stranger. Lord, I am just passing by. This process of losing the Sarah's in my life has been hard, painful, and sacrificial. But there's more to lose... Much more to give away. I will gladly consent to my Lord's request. Everything has been His from the very beginning, I own nothing (not even my own life) and "it is well with my soul."

I want to finish with a song written by Eugene Greco, a prominent song writer,and worship leader whom I hope I get to know better as I leave with him and his wife to Spain and Morocco this June. I hope that I die fully to myself during that trip. May this be the cry of my heart during this year, "Lord, whatever it takes!"

The Honor of Your Name
By Eugene Greco

Lord, You are free to do anything
Remove anything within me
That stands in Your way or causes You pain
Or hinders Your flow within me
Whatever the cost, whatever the loss
That You would be Lord of all

All for the honor of Your Name
Only the honor of Your Name
Let all You give or take away
Be for the honor Your name

O for the faith to fully embrace
The call You have placed within me Believing for more, I open the door
To Your Spirit's power within me
Whatever I need to finally see
My purpose and destiny...



The Sovereign LORD has opened my ears, and I have not been rebellious; I have not drawn back. -Isaiah 50:4

No comments: