February 25, 2005

The Law of the Yukon

By Robert Service

Send not your foolish and feeble; send me your strong and your sane-
Strong for the red rage of battle; sane, for I harry them sore;
Send me men girt for the combat, men who are grit to the core;
Swift as the panther in triumph, fierce as the bear in defeat,
Sired of a bulldog parent, steeled in the furnace of heat.

'And I wait for the men who will win me- and I will not be won in
a day.
And I will not be won by weaklings, subtle, suave and mild,
But by men with the hearts of vikings, and the simple faith of a child;
Desperate, strong and resistless, unthrottled by fear or defeat,
Them will I gild with my treasure, them will I glut with my meat.'

Christians are always in constant fierce, bloody battles. We're gladiators, only the strongest survive- those who have set their eyes on Jesus, who call Him Jehovah Nissi. To them is given the privilege to see one soul come to Christ... To glut on the meat of defeated enemies like David did on Samson's head.
The youth of our generation need strong men who will go. Who will say Lord send me? Here I am? Can you hear the calling? Can you hear the cry of your generation?

There's so much strength in our generation. .. I want to share a little quote I found in a book I'm reading by Elisabeth Elliot called
Shadow of the Almighty, which is the life and testament of her husband Jim Elliot. His life has touched mine so much, that I can comprehend now that only a devoted life, is a world-changing life. These lines were taken from his journal:

"For youth there is special wretchedness, for then the powers within conflict most bluntly with the powers without. Restraint is most galling, release most desired. To compensate for these, youth has special powers. ' I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you; and ye have overcome the Wicked One.' Unusual strength is a premium for youth; acuteness and retentive powers are more real in youth; victory sweetest in youth. Lord, let me live to the hilt, exerting all its force, loosing all its fire. In Solomonic wisdom, I would rejoice in youth, yet remember my Creator."


In hot pursuit,


Sarahi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey sarahi...just wondering if you're still blogging...cause I'll be reading
:D