February 19, 2005

Struggling to Keep a focused Mind, and above all a focused Heart

Undivided Heart
By Eugene Greco

A single heart pure in its devotion
Set apart for you
A willing heart whose door is always open
A heart that You can use

Give me an undivided heart
undivided heart
for the honor of Your name
an undivided heart

Undivided heart, undivided heart
my heart forever will remain
and undivided heart

A tender heart- filled with Your compassion
a heart that You can move
a loving heart-burning with a passion
Totally consumed... (Give me...)


How hard it is for human beings to keep a focused mind and heart... A heart that will not be moved, that will not be fooled by the waves of the emotional man within.
Being a Christian means to have a heart like the Lord's. A heart that loves what He loves...
I'm so afraid that I will be so consumed with accomplishing all those things the Lord has called me to do, that I will do everything within my own power to reach that one thing which I much desire. I do not want to be selfish. That's my biggest fear, that I would become so insensitive, so divided within my hear by things, by the "work of the Lord" that I'd forget about everyone else.
Looking at other people's needs, ministering, loving them, and serving them is the best way to keep our hearts humble and undivided. Knowing the Lord and speeding time at His feet is the best antidote... Loving HIM means loving everything that He loves.

I want a Ruth spirit to overcome my life. To truly say with all my heart, "Your people will be my people and Your God will be my God, wherever you go I will follow." I want a heart that will follow hard after my Lord, not only after His call, or after "serving Him." (Not that those things aren't important, by no means.) Always remember that He is, in the first place, the One to allow you to do all of these things- service, and having great future- for Him as an act of worship, not just responsibility or compromise.

Lord, give me an undivided heart. Remove all my selfish desires and dreams; that in trying to serve You, I'd forget Whom I serve. Give me an undivided heart!
"Lord give me firmness without hardness, steadfastness without dogmatism, love without weakness." - Jim Elliot

No comments: