December 02, 2004

Song of the Year

There's always a song that goes to the heart. A song that speaks to you, and that is often played on your head everyday. As this year comes to an end, I like to think about the one song that made my day, that touched me and even changed my personal view on how God likes to relates to us mortal beings who have been rescued from "eternal damnation."

This year, that song is "Take all of me," so here it is my 2004 song of the year:

You broke the night like the sun
and healed my heart with your great love
any trouble I couldn't bear
you lifted me upon your shoulders.
Love that stronger
Love that cover sin
and takes the weight of the world.
I love you
all of my hope is in You
Jesus Christ, take my life
take all of me.
You stand on mountain tops with me
with you I walk through the valleys
you gave your only Son for me
your grace is all I rely on.
I love you so, and I give up my heart to say
I need you so, my everything.
Marty Sampson/ Hillsong Publishing 2003

No comments: