December 16, 2004

Psalm 19

As my Christmas break starts, I often tend to sleep in, and just wander around the house trying to do something productive with my life. But I want this year to end as full of God as I possibly can. Today I was reading Psalm 19 and there were two verses in particular that called on my attention. And then, I started praying within me, "Lord, may this also be my prayer, I want to my every thought to be of your approval, I just don't want to wander, I want to live my life ( to the very last second) thinking about you, and meditating upon Your Word."

Meditating includes reading the Word of God, memorizing it, and knowing it. I want to finish this year with the Word of God in my mind and heart in order for His Word to flow out of my heart and life naturally, more than just breathing it, but also living His every Word.


Keep back Your servant also from
presumptuous sins;
Let them not have dominion over me.
Then I shall be innocent of great
transgression.
Let the words of my mouth and the
meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight,
O Lord, my strength and my
Redeemer.
Ps. 19: 13-14

No comments: