September 26, 2006

I liked this poem. I've lived its meaning.


Broken Rose
By Ashish Joy

Broken rose…rise up
Broken heart…sing forth
For you are but an offering rising

Though undone you are yet one
Treaded over…watched from afar
Though bloodied…Though torn
Remember Christ…Remember His love

I will watch you…and hold you deep within my heart
I will gather your broken shards…in admiration and respect
For your love is precious to me and yet
Though it seem I let you go…just know
I will hide my face…and turn my eyes
And wait patiently for your call

Until then…hold on dearly
For life will come at you more and more quickly
Your brokenness is but an offering
Poured out dreadfully for all to see

Yes…all do see…but they respect
Your willingness to be spent
In love and admiration they applaud
Your life and all you’ve ever lost

You’re a light…bright…strong…courageous
Such words speaks dimly of who you really are
You’re a hope…a star…a flame
And though all you say may one day be
Just know that I’ll be watching…and waiting
For the day you will reach out for me

1 comment:

Indu S said...

I agree. Great poem and has LOT of depth.