April 02, 2005

The Beloved's Request

I've been reading Song of Songs lately. I was inspired to read these verses because a friend of mine who came from Mexico wrote the most beautiful song I have ever heard from these verses.
I won't post the song because he's just recording it ( I just got the preview of his album). The most amazing thing about his song is that he, being a guy, was able to unveil his feelings before God and to tell Him how much he really loves Him. The song is just beautiful... I might post his song if he allows me to, once his album has been released, on the mean time, I delight in God's words spoken to me just as Solomon spoke them to his beloved one thousands of years ago.
I advice you to read Song of Songs so that you may know God's poet side. If you're interested in knowing his warrior side, read Revelations...

My beloved spoke, and said to me:

"Arise, my darling,
my beautiful one, and come with me.
See! The winter is past;
the rains are over and gone.
Flowers appear on the earth;
the season of singing has come,
the cooing of doves
is heard in our land.

The fig tree forms its early fruit;
the blossoming vines spread their fragrance.
Arise, come, my darling;
my beautiful one, come with me."

My dove in the clefts of the rock,
in the hidding places on the mountainside,
show me your face,
let me hear your voice;
for your voice is sweet,
and your face is lovely.

From Song of Songs 2:10-15

No comments: