March 15, 2006

Broken

If my life is broken when given to Jesus , it is because pieces will feed a multitude, while a loaf will satisfy only a little lad.
- Ruth Stull

O Christ, He is the fountain,
The deep, sweet well of love!
The streams on earth I've tasted
More deep I'll drink above:
There to an ocean fullness
His mercy doth expand,
And glory, glory dwelleth
In Immanuel's land.
( Annie R. Cousin)

Two weeks! Two weeks of waiting, of seeking the Lord's face. Two weeks of longing, of uncertainty, of trying and testing. Slowly, the Lord has been showing me the intentions of my heart, and of the hearts of others; the Lord is with me as I walk through the waters, and as I pass through the fires of life, He holds my hand. I am being refined, perfected, stretched.

Yet, though I am suffering and learning from the pain I am feeling, my heart is at peace; I rest under the shadow of His wing because He has requested me to stay there (Ruth 2:8), to not go anywhere else. I am at His feet, one of His servants who has found favor in His eyes! He rules over everything and anything; why would I question Him? He created the mountain tops and the valleys; why am I to ask for an explanation?
Happy is he/she who has the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the Lord his/her God (Ps. 146:5).


I charge you, O daughters of Jerusalem, by the gazelles or by the does of the field, do not stir up nor awaken love until it pleases. (Song of Solomon 3:5)


In hot pursuit,
SD
...etc

1 comment:

~SIM J~ said...

that's a beautiful quote by Ruth Stull....i've never thought if it that way...