March 22, 2005

A song by Juan Luis Guerra

I love merengue, especially when it comes to Christian merengue that only brings honor and glory to God. Not the merengue that brings pleasure to the flesh, but the merengue that is pleasing to GOD, the merengue that God delights in.
So anyway, here's a song from the "Para Ti" (For You) latest CD of Juan Luis Guerra. For those of you who have never hear of this guy; he's a Christian worshiper and prophet. He used to sing secular music (merengue and tropical) was very famous and popular, and very given to the sensual pleasures of his flesh. But then, he became a Christian and is now a worshiper and a trompet, he's an awesome prophet.
This song is called "Eres" (You are). I'm making a rough translation of this beautiful, song.


Eres/You are
Words and music by Juan Luis Guerra

Oh Senor, en ti he confiado/ Oh my Lord, I've put my trust in You
Pongo en tus manos mi espiritu/ My spirit I put in Your hands
Oh Senor, me has redimido/ Oh my Lord, you've have redeemed my life
Y en ti se alegra mi corazon/ And my heart rejoices before You (throne)

Eres mi fuerza y mi morada/ You are my strength and shelter
Eres la voz de mi madrugada/ You are the voice in my dawn
Eres mi roca y mi torre fuerte/ You are my rock and my strong tower
Eres Senor/ You are my Lord

Oh Senor, bendito siempre/ Oh my Lord, forever blessed
Alfa y Omega, principio y fin/ Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end
Oh Senor mi ser te adora/ Oh my Lord, my whole being worships You
Y en Tu presencia quiero vivir/ And in Your presence I wan to live.

God has become my only adoration. My only love. I have no eyes for anyone else, I wish for nobody's company by His alone. He's the first voice I hear at dawn, the last voice I hear as I go to sleep; the Only One I dream of, the One I love, I adore.
God, You know You're my life, my world, my everything, my Beloved. God, I am your slave, but not because You took me by force, but because I gave myself unto You! Jesus, Father, Holy Spirit; I Love You. I long for your company, for your voice. Just to see your beautiful eyes as I wake up every morning... Come, stay here with me, by my side... forever.
At Your feet,
Songbird

No comments: